Friday

The Delacorte Clock: a bronze disco and parade

I'm still in New York City and yesterday I got to see the famous Delacorte Clock in action. Me and the mister were strolling through the archway between the Central Park Wildlife Center and the Children's Zoo when the bells struck 5:30 and the bronze bear, the penguin with a drum, the hippo with a violin, the goat with pipes and the Kangaroo starting spinning and dancing. Of course I had to run back and take a picture. Here is a very short 16 second snippet of what I saw. (I recognize the tune, but I can't name it.) The clock plays 26 different children's nursery songs on the half hour (26!).





Depending on the time you can hear: Frère Jacque, Au Clair de la Lune, Hickory, Dickory Dock , Ding Dong Dell , Old King Cole, I Had a Little Nut Tree, Hey Diddle Diddle , Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, Georgie Porgie, My Bonnie, Little Jack Horner, The Merry Farmer (Schumann), Mary Had a Little Lamb, Cradle Song (Brahms), Three Blind Mice, Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater, Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, Anvil Chorus, Sing a Song of Sixpence, There’s Music in the Air, Parade of the Wooden Soldiers, Baa, Baa, Black Sheep , A Tisket, a Tasket, The Farmer in the Dell, Row, Row Your Boat , Sailing, Sailing

note: there are much better videos of the clock on youtube - give yourself a treat and do a search for them. If you're ever in New York City lucky you - put the bronze parade on your itinerary.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails